Friday, July 23, 2010

Celebrating Litsemba

The Litsemba celebration was held today at Somholo National Stadium

in Swaziland. Litsemba means hope. Litsemba was a wonderful event

for Orphans and vulnerable children to get to know God more.

We were given the duty of ushers at the south end of the stadium.

When we got there the children were already lining up, they came in

busses and even in the backs of utility vehicles and some walked long

distances alone. Before long the stadium was filled with about 12000

kids. They had all received beanis, blankets, bibles, orange juice and

snacks. The music and the speakers were great. Sky met a little girl

who spent the day with us, she evidently had walked there by herself.

She spent the day with sky until we found someone who could get her

safely home.



Skys New Friend



I met a 13 year old girl named Carol, she was beautiful and sweet with

a very pretty smile. She would bring her friends to meet me while I

was working the gate. She brought me her candy, then later brought

me her apple and her chips, I knew this was such a big deal, who

knows when she would get food like that again, but she unselfishly

gave it to me. At home it isn't a big deal to offer such things, do it all

the time at lunch, but I also know I can go to the cabinet or the fridge

and get some more. What a sacrifice for her to make, it was unbelievable!

When my work was complete, she came and spent some time with me in

the stands. She told me she knew God in her heart and she gave me her

ring and asked me to take it. I was brought to tears and stunned, all I

had to offer her was my heart for africa nametag and the sunglasses I

was wearing. She seemed very happy, I told her I wanted her to be able

to keep the sun out os her eyes. I can't express how touched I was by

Carol and all the other children that played with my hair, clung to me

and just wanted to be loved and hugged. It was a Legit day, that will

forever be in my heart. :)


My New Friend, Carol At Somholo Stadium
She gave us the only candy she had.




Stage At Somholo Stadium. Great Band Is Warming Up


My Friends At Somholo Stadium

People Lining Up To Get In To Somholo Stadium


People In The Stands At Somholo Stadium




Mom and Her New Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment